From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Taxonomic philosophy (was Re: WHAT'S GOING ON?)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:38:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/00 1:14:45 PM EST, kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< As Dr. Ashlock would have said, cladistic classification ignores half of
 evolution, anagenesis, in its focus on cladogenesis. >>

Actually, anagenesis is >all< there is; there is no cladogenesis. What we
perceive or observe as cladogenesis is simply anagenesis operating differentially on reproductively separated populations and gene pools.