Re: PALEONEWS: fossil trove yeilds T rex

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:21:17
 Richard W Travsky wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Betty Cunningham wrote:
>> http://www.denverpost.com/news/news0705a.htm
>>
>> (excerpts)
>
>I thought the most interesting parts were the apparent bite marks
>and other signs of injuries:
>
> But University of Kansas graduate student and paleontologist Craig
> Sundell, who is leading the dig, said Monte was in a couple of
> ferocious battles with other T-rexes. Her nose bone shows a series
> of deep bites that perfectly match the bites that would have been
> left by a T-rex. Monte appears to have suffered deep bite wounds
> to the nose in two different attacks. And a number of her ribs were
> broken and then rehealed, obvious injuries suffered in battles with
> other dinosaurs, Sundell said.

Is Sundell going to sell this one, too?  Isn't this guy a graduate student? An
academic paleontologist?  What business does he have selling fossils?

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct