Postulating on pygostyles

I`ve been staring at Longisquama again, and I still don`t like the idea of feathers (if they are that) stuck on it`s back. Is there strong evidence for this attachment? All I have to go are drawings similar to the one at Dave Peter`s site: http://home.stlnet.com/~azero/Longisquama.html

The way the "feathers" seem to converge at the base might indicate, perhaps, a tail section of the beast covered and obscured by it`s anterior section. The long feathers may attach to a short tail or pygostyle.

Also, I was wondering if the pygostyle of Anurognathus (view it at:http://home.stlnet.com/~azero/anurognathus.html ), didn`t also support attached "feathers" of some kind. The same for short tailed pterodactyloids and rhamphorynchoids without a tail membrane. Someone may point out if I`m wrong here, but....I know of no birds that fly without tail feathers (and was recently reminded of this by seeing a fledgling crow, short in the tail department, on the ground being fed by it`s parent).

Also, before someone mentions bats, I am presuming pterosaurs flew in a more birdlike fashion, and would therefor require similar aerodynamic morphology.