Re: Frog Urostyles on the Dino List??? [Humor]

  Thanks for the reference for Jenkins and Shubin,
1998, Matt; I have this on my references-to-get list,
but it has been taking second banana to all the other
references in accord with my studies.

Matthew Bonnan wrote:

<...Find me a urostyle in a sauropod, and I'll show
you a REAL thunder lizard. =) =P Hey, I figure if you
can claim that sauropods reared tripodally and were
supported by those really strong legs, they must have
been able to jump even better than elephants!>

  Leaping sauropods, Batman! How else do you think
they were able to get away from packs of marauding
allosaurs, huh?

  Pweeeng!

  "Huh? Where'd lunch go, Frances?"

  "Now, would you look at THAT..."

  SPLAAAAAAT!

  Millions of years later, the Cleveland-Lloyd Quarry
was discovered and a recent paper would finally hit
upon the idea that the bunch of allosaur skeletons
were the remains of a hunting pack and that the mud
was forms from the dessicated remains of the result of
a leaping sauropod -- bits of which were found all
over the quarry itself. Some allosaurs would even be
discovered with bits of bone shrapnel imbedded within
their ribcages and skulls....

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden