Gorgosaurus as rock CD cover art

 FYI,

The number 1 rock album in Finland right now is the band SENTENCED CD "Crimson". On the cover art is a stylized Gorgosaurus libratus that Phil Currie and I co-found July 30, 1991 and I was in charge of mounting for TMP in 1996 (TMP91.36.500; Quarry 200, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Alberta, Canada). This stylized skeleton is superimposed over an ammonite. Inside the lyrics book is a picture of the skull of Tyrrell's Triceratops (the AMNH specimen).

 For anyone interested, the bands music is identified as "death metal" on an Internet search engine- but it really is more like hard rock/alternative, similar to (but less polished) than METALLICA. I can't get onto the bands website, but I believe a picture of the cover art should be available there at: www.sentenced.org

 If you buy the CD, there is a file where you can use the cover art as wallpaper for your computer.

 Believe me, I was sure surprised to see my dinosaur on a rock CD!  A year ago, I came across a website where some guy into goth has the same skeleton tatooed over his left shoulder.

Darren Tanke, Tech. I
Dinosaur Research Program
Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
Drumheller, AB, Canada
                   and
Senior Editor, Paleopathology and Recent
Dento-Osteopathology Bibliography; see homepage
at:  http://dns.magtech.ab.ca/dtanke