Re: Palms in

In Allosaurus, however, the semilunate is poorly developed, and would not be difficult to free up. Yet there is little additional movement imparted, since the ulna and radius can't move along their long axis'. So the reduction of mobility still must be what is being selected for.

I can rather diffidently suggest that this supports my view that the lack of pronation could be an advantage if the arms are used as tongs - it would be harder for a wriggling prey to twist out of the animal's grasp if the arm is fairly rigid at the wrist. It need have nothing to do with flight, for example.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court