Re: Palms in

Ron Orenstein wrote:

>It need have nothing to do with flight, for example.<

I agree that it probably was not related to flight among more basal
tetanurines such as the allosaurids, since a semilunate carpal block appears
to be more primitive within theropods than feathers or the flapping
shoulder.  I'm more curious about how this feature relates to the "palms in"
aspect of theropod hands in general and whether or not the two had anything
to do with one another.

PTN