Re: On arguments and policy

In a message dated 7/10/00 11:55:54 AM EST, rowe@psych.ucsb.edu writes:

<< People bandy about the idea that an answer should be considered correct
because, for example, "every child knows it". >>

Whenever I use this phrase on this list, it is a JOKE. Get it? J-O-K-E. Not
serious science but a bit of humor to leaven an otherwise tedious thread.
That's why I used quotation marks. Don't know about how others may interpret
this phrase, so I'm writing this just so everyone knows where I'm coming from.