Re: Sauropod Necks

Greetings,
I asked a similar question about 3 months ago. This just remided me of what
Bob Bakker once said: "Why evolve a 30 foot neck if all feeding is done on
the ground?" Is there any bio-mechanical feature that prevents sauropods from
lifting their necks? Any thoughts? Thanks to anyone who responds.
                                                        Brian Buck
"Death is but a door, time is but a window...I'll be back..."
Vigo the Carpathian
1505-1610