Re: transitional fossils

In a message dated 7/12/00 5:32:22 PM, Buckaroobwana@aol.com writes:

<< Can anyone out there either give me a list or tell me where a list can be
found of transitional animals in the fossil record. I know there are supposed
to be others besides Archeopteryx, and maybe Sinosauropteryx but I'm curious
about the amphibian-reptile transition and the ape-human transtion. How many
species are there that are defintively transitional? I am aware that this is
somewhat off topic, but this is the only place I know that I can get this
information. Thanks to whoever responds. >>

Quite a few. In fact there are so many reptile-mammal trasitional creatures
that the exact spot where the "transition" occors is quite arbitrary.

eric l.