Re: transitional fossils

Try the transitional vertebrate fossils FAQ in the Talk.Origins Archive
at http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-transitional.html which covers
the amphibian to reptile transition, and the Hominid Fossils FAQ at
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/ which covers the evidence for
human evolution.

Whether a fossil is "definitively transitional" depends upon how you
define the "before" and "after" states.

cheers
Stephen