Re: OXFORD MUSEUM

gbabcock wrote:

<<darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:

I spent yesterday at Oxford University's Natural History Museum:
------SNIP-----
_There are lifesize high-detail
models of _Acanthostega_, _Compsognathus_ and _Archaeopteryx_ - I forget
the name of the artist but his work is well known and much publicised
(he is best known for his Palaeozoic fish).

I believe that this is the work of Bruce J. Mohn. See
<www.dinoart.com/pages/update.html> for a glimpse of his _Archaeopteryx
longipes_ reconstructions. Amazing>>

It might also be Richard Hammond.

There are reconstructions of Acanthostega and a number of Paleozoic fish
on his site:

http://www.personal.u-net.com/~paleomod/p97/menu.html

Perhaps the displays were from more than one artist?

Thor C. Gran III

"Devonian tetrapods aren't common anywhere," says Clack. It was like
writing "Unicorns in abundance" or "Wall-to-wall Archaeopteryx."

                   Jennifer Clack