Re: [hepatic piston diaphragm]

"Ken Kinman" <kinman@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I would like to read up on any counterarguments against Rubens
>"hepatic piston diaphragm" hypothesis that purportedly shows that birds
>can't be theropods.
>Published counterarguments would be okay, but would prefer something
>online as well, just to get me up to speed on this subject.  Personal
>opinions either way would also be interesting to hear.
>Thanks, Ken

Here's a link to a list of replies to Ruben's original article over at Jeff's
place:

http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/misc/lungs.html

I certainly find the thought intriguing, but I have yet to see anything
resembling lumbar vertebrae in theropods (there are a couple of ornithopods
that might fit the bill though).

I never had a chance to read the ref; how did Rubens ever get by this apparent
hurdle?

Jura

Jurassosaurus's Reptipage: A page devoted to the study of the reptilia:

http://reptilis.webjump.com