Re: Sauropod Necks

From: Rachel A Hyde

Hmmm...I thought that the latest theory was that long-necked dinosaurs
didn't stretch up to take leaves from high branches as the heart wouldn't
pump blood all that way vertically?  Instead, the neck moved around in a
more horizontal motion.  One dino, found in China, had a mighty long neck
reinforced  by plates with long protrusions fitting into the next one for
extra strength.  I can't remember its name but on seeing it at an exhibition
my initial reaction was to think that they had put it together wrong!

I am therefore keen to put the record straight about the necks and have
missed the first part of the sauropod necks debate I think...

... This is what happens when you watch too much on th National Geograhic
Channel!

rachelahyde@ntlworld.com