Re: [Crocodile pubes]

For all interested, the Farmer & Carrier paper in the Journal of Experimental
Biology can be read online at:

http://usa.biologists.com/JEB/203/11/jeb2069.html

Jura

Note: the abstract is readily available, but upon getting the acrobat reader I
encountered a internal server error; so that one might have to wait awhile.

"Jeffrey Martz" <jeffmartz@earthlink.net> wrote:
>     Ken Kinman was asking about references regarding the "hepatic piston"
breathing system in crocodilians.   I just got:

> Carrier, D. R., & Farmer, C.G. 2000. The evolution of pelvic aspiration in
archosaurs.  Paleobiology 26(2) 271-293

> This paper also references:
>
> Farmer, C.G., & Carrier, D.R. 2000. Pelvic aspiration in the American
alligator (Alligator mississipiensis).  Journal of Experimental Biology.

>     Have only skimmed it as of yet, so I can't comment, but the authors
claim to have proven in the second paper that the flexible pubis in
crocodilians DOES have move and have a role in respiration, contarary to the
> http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/misc/lungs.html
>
> LN Jeff
>
> When you have nothing to say, say nothing.
> -Charles Caleb Colton
>
> The reason why we have two ears and one mouth is that we may listen the more
and talk the less.
> -Zeno of Citium
> Jeffrey W. Martz
> 3002 4th St. #C26
> Lubbock, TX
> 79415
> (806) 747-7910

Jurassosaurus's Reptipage: A page devoted to the study of the reptilia:

http://reptilis.webjump.com