RE: Sauropod Necks

One of the problems with the necks of sauropods that needs to be discussed
is the orientation of the centra itself. I've done some research (via
monographs) that show in both Diplodocus and Apatosaurus the last 4
cervicals have 'straight' centra, around the middle of the neck the
cervicals are beveled down then level off again. This is one of the things I
wrote about in my 'How to Draw Dinosaurs' in Prehistoric Times and is a
volume in my book.

Tracy