Re: Giganotosaurus Arms Vs. T-Rex Arms

----------
> From: ceevans@home.com
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Giganotosaurus Arms Vs. T-Rex Arms
> Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000 2:50 PM
>
> Hey Everybody,
>
> I was looking up info on Giganotosaurus and I came upon numerous sources
> that claim that Giganotosaurus had SMALLER arms than T-Rex!(I find this
> hard to believe, since T-Rex's arms were only the size of an adult human
> male's arms).
>
> Anybody have any additional views?
> Chris

Giganotosaurus does have smaller arms , bulk wise.
T. rex arms were around the same LENGTH as an adult human .There the size
similarity ends.The bulk makes the difference . I've not seen any
references that would indicate that Giganotosaurus had "beefy" arms . T.rex
, on the other hand (no pun intended) ,supposedly could heft about 400 lbs
with one arm .
Regards ,
Truett Garner