Re: Re[Re:Sauropod Neck]

< The wing would have to be moving awfully slow for the
molecules to be able to follow the path of the crumples and increase the
characteristic length directly.  Bumblebee wings don't move that slow.>

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that the Reynolds number
may not be the actual basis for the erroneous calculation, the one
apparently made on the back of a dinner napkin?

<Are you sure that's what John said in Amer. Sci.?  It doesn't quite sound
like him.>

Quote of a paraphrase...

http://asa.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199601-02/0405.html

Bumblebees can't fly
Arthur V. Chadwick
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 11:47:27 -0800
The following was posted to an entomological discussion list by Paul C.
Johnson at UNH. I include it (without the authors permission), because it
is an oft heard story which is, of course, nonsense in its ususal context.