Re: Sauropod Necks

At 07:34 PM 7/14/00 -0700, Matthew Bonnan wrote:
of the research, or demanded to see more testing? Most of us accepted vertical sauropod necks before DinoMorph tested neck motion in the two diplodocids.

Actually, I have viewed *diplodocid* necks as more or less horizontal for many years. It is only brachiosaur and euhelopodid necks that I have considered vertical recently.

So far the research, as published, has only modified that view slightly (regarding euhelopodid necks). I have a great deal of trouble generalizing from diplodocid anatomy to that of other types of sauropods, as there are so many differences.