Re: Unknown bird

Daniel,
I saw those pictures too, and I just assumed that it was Eoenantiornis buhleri.
------Ken
From: "Daniel Bensen" <dbensen@gotnet.net>
To: Renesto Silvio <renesto@mailserver.unimi.it>, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Unknown bird
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 08:37:15 -0700

I just got the second edition of the Feduccia bird book and I have a question.
No, I am not looking to start an argument about dinosaur/bird relationships;
I think we've all agreed to disagree on that point. In fact, I am asking an
easily answerable question: on page 395 (and this is the second edition, remember)
there are two nice photographs of a fossolized bird. The legend under the photos
labels them "The oldest enantiornithine bird is a small, toothed creature with
a short snout from the _Confuciusornis_ fauna. It is being described by Hou,
Martin, Zhou, and Feduccia." This book was revised in 1999, and so is a little
out of date. My question is this: has that bird been described, yet and what
is its name?

Thanks, Dan