Re: Re[Re:Sauropod Neck]

James quite properly points out to me that the neck in their Texas
restoration was taken from the smaller Qusp species.  Quesp n's neck is
not known.

If you look at the line drawings rather than the painting of Q -in a
rather standard flight pose- (the line drawings are on the pages after
the double page spread painting of Q) you will see the neck restored
with EXTREME stiffness, MUCH less than that of a heron or egret.  Much
less than that of an equivalent long-necked mammal such as a giraffe or
camel, as well.

-Betty

--
Flying Goat Graphics