biggest diplodocid (was sauropod necks)

I believe that the largest specimen of diplodocid was
a _Seismosaurus_.<<<<

I'm afraid that Gillette's numbers for Seismosaurus are simply too big. The probable Supersaurus specimen at the Tate is bigger than Seismosaurus, and even it is a good deal smaller than the Utah specimen. Of course, if the now lost dorsal vertabrae of the diplodocid Amphicoelus fragillimus was really as large as Marsh indicated, than it was far and away the biggest _sauropod_ ever found. I believe Dave Lovelace ran through some of my numbers when this came up a month or so ago, but a 30 tonne seismosaur is generous, 20-25 is more likely.

Scott