Re: The Flight of the Bumblebee

----- Original Message -----
From: Mickey Rowe <rowe@psych.ucsb.edu>

> bruceshillinglaw@netzero.net claimed:
>
> > And an aerodynamic study of bumblebees determined that they can't
> > fly.
>
> When saying something so absurd it's probably best to cite a
> reference.  I attack this here because I consider the above to be
> basically an anti-scientific statement.

    Yikes! And thanks for the heaping helping of crow - it was delicious!
    I certainly should have phrased _that_ differently - the only point I
intended to make was that sometimes, even our best attempts at modeling the
behavioral capabilities of the animal kingdom leave a few hidden surprises.
I _never_ intended the "bumblebee" comment to be taken so seriously!
Apologies, and again, thanks; for the true background story was fascinating!
            B.