Re: contemporaneous pterosaurs

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Jordan Mallon wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Just a quick question...
> Which pterosaurs would've been contemporaneous to _Tarbosaurus bataar_ and
> _Saurolophus angustirostris_?  I need to know for a drawing I'm working on.

I don't think there *are* any Pterosauria from the Maastrichtian of
eastern Asia. Closest things would probably be _Arambourgiania_, from
Jordan, and _Quetzalcoatlus_, from North America. Pterosauria had just
about been replaced by birds at that point.

T. Michael Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com> | AIM <Ric Blayze> | ICQ <77314901>
                 My Worlds <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
                 The Dinosauricon <http://dinosauricon.com>