RE: eggshells, therizinosaurs & tyrannosaurs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of T.
Mike Keesey
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 7:07 PM
To: Ken Kinman
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: eggshells, therizinosaurs & tyrannosaurs

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Ken Kinman wrote:

>      What are the odds that tyrannosaur eggs will be discovered anytime
> soon, and any guesses how big their eggs would be?  Maybe
canteloupe-sized?
> Or if oblong, perhaps more like a very large potato?  Or am I thinking too
> small?

I've heard somewhere (don't recall, sorry!) that the eggs referred to
Therizinosauridae may belong to an Asian species of _Tyrannosaurus_.

The large eggs from Mongolia that were believed (yes as in past tense) do
not belong to Tyrannosaurids. More on this to come later this year or early
next year (I think).
Tracy