Re: Sauropod ancestry?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 Adam Yates wrote:

<< My current analysis finds extreme paraphyly of the prosauropoda with some
Jurassic forms, such as Massospondylus, Lufengosaurus and Yunnanosaurus
sharing a more recent common ancestor with Sauropoda than with Plateosaurus
This is actually based on a host of Cranial and Postcranial characters. >>

Would the exclusion of characters of pes and manus change your analysis
drastically?

On Wed, 12 Matthew Bonnan wrote:
<< ... if sauropods are descendants of animals like prosauropods (a very
sticky systematics issue still!), ... >

Now I better understand this remark. Thank you to all of you for generously
giving information. And I hope that prosauropoda isn't ready for the dust
bin. Plateosaurus was one of the first dinosaurs I knew as a child some
thirty years ago.

Cheers from a rainy and cold Germany

Heinz Peter Bredow