More cladistic stuff (was eggshells, therizinosaurs & tyrannosaurs)

Dinogeorge wrote...
>Allow me to point out that >precisely< this problem afflicts cladistic
>analysis and phylogenetic taxonomy: How should a particular character be
>scored? [snip] This is not an argument against using morphology merely to
demarcate
>taxa, it is an argument against using morphology in cladistic analysis
period.

     I'm wasn't saying that the same problem can't be applied to both
morphological and phylogenetic taxonomy, just that strictly morphological
criteria for defining taxa don't neccesarily present a nice, clean cut means
of determining which species belong in it.

LN Jeff

He who stops at being better stops being good.
-Oliver Cromwell

Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-Marie von Ebner Eschenbach

Jeffrey W. Martz
3002 4th St. # C26
Lubbock, TX