Re: More cladistic stuff (was eggshells, therizinosaurs & tyrannosaurs)

In a message dated 7/20/00 9:24:56 AM EST, jeffmartz@earthlink.net writes:

<< I'm wasn't saying that the same problem can't be applied to both
 morphological and phylogenetic taxonomy, just that strictly morphological
 criteria for defining taxa don't neccesarily present a nice, clean cut means
 of determining which species belong in it. >>

There >are< no nice, clean-cut means of determining which species belong
where. If there were, taxonomists would be out of a job (which, I understand,
is already happening anyway, for different reasons).