Re: Tarbosaurus?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> If you think there was only one genus, and it is not Tyrannosaurus, then its
> name is Tarbosaurus by priority, and its type species is Tarbosaurus bataar,
> by senior synonymy of Tyrannosaurus bataar over Tarbosaurus efremovi.

So if the type species of genus _A_ turns out to be synonymous with
previously named, non-type species _b_ of another genus, then _b_ becomes
the type species of _A_? Okay, I think I have it.

T. Michael Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com> | AIM <Ric Blayze> | ICQ <77314901>
                 My Worlds <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
                 The Dinosauricon <http://dinosauricon.com>