Re: Tarbosaurus?

In a message dated 7/20/00 1:38:40 PM EST, tmk@dinosauricon.com writes:

<< So if the type species of genus _A_ turns out to be synonymous with
 previously named, non-type species _b_ of another genus, then _b_ becomes
 the type species of _A_? Okay, I think I have it. >>

I recall this also happened with Pachycephalosaurus. Type species was
originally Pachycephalosaurus grangeri, but this was synonymized with
earlier-named Troodon wyomingensis and thus became Pachycephalosaurus
wyomingensis.