Re: Tarbosaurus?

>There are only a few juvenile/sub-adult specimens of Tyrannosaurus rex
>(AMNH 5005, AMNH 21542, CMNH 7541, "Tinker").  >

    I've been told that the lower jaw of "Tinker" is almost as big as AMNH
5027, which would hardly make it a juvenile, and that this would have
important bearing on the idea that the adult T.rex-like tooth morphology of
Tinker suggests that Nanotyrannus is not a T.rex juvenile.  If Tinker is
almost fully grown, there is still no reason why you couldn't have a change
in tooth morphology between juveniles ("Nanotyrannus") and adults.

LN Jeff

He who stops at being better stops being good.
-Oliver Cromwell

Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-Marie von Ebner Eschenbach

Jeffrey W. Martz
3002 4th St. # C26
Lubbock, TX