Re: Tarbosaurus?

At 02:03 AM 7/21/00 -0400, you wrote:
><<SNIP lots of DEAD Gorgosaurus juvenile/sub-adult specimens >>
>
>Consider the possibility that these represent a different species or genus.

The problem with that is that all of the specimens that I mentioned
exhibited either immature bone grain or other accepted signs of ontogeny.
I think saying that these were all specimens of a separate species would
cloud the issue greatly.  Granted, it is not out of the question, but it is
extremely unlikely.  Carr's (1999) paper gives a description of why these
should be considered juvenile/sub-adult specimens, rather than separate
species.

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@interlog.com>
                     <dinoguy@netscape.com>
For information on tyrannosaurids and