Re: Standard taxonomic and geographic refererences

In a message dated 7/22/00 4:45:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
r.grenyer@ic.ac.uk writes:

> Some of the work I'm doing on mammalian macroevolution has touched a
>  little on dinosaurs, and I'm trying to get to grips with the huge
>  literature in a quick and necessarily superficial way...Sounds
>  ominous, I know. Anyway, I was wondering if there's a well-regarded
>  and comprehensive dinosaurian taxonomy that covers species decribed
>  after Weishampel, Dodson and Osmolska (1992), and in general how well
>  the species list contained in that reference is regarded.

Mike Keesey's Dinosauricon site (www.dinosauricon.com) is very up to date,
gives a comprehensive classification (along with a couple of variants), and
gives (limited) information on locality, time, and materials recovered, among
other things.

Nick Pharris