From: Alan Blake Coulson <abcoulso@unity.ncsu.edu>
To: Dinogeorge@aol.com
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Tarbosaurus
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 18:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

Regardless, saying "oh, factors were probably the same on both
continents" is vague to the point of being utterly useless. I know this is
not a formal sedimentological forum, but throwing around such weak
assumptions is bad form, as such "top-of-the-head" assumptions  all too
readily get ingrained as being correct.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/22/00 2:16:34 PM EST, abcoulso@unity.ncsu.edu writes:
>
> << I won't pretend to have the answer to this question. However, I
> think it is better to leave the querry open-ended, and have a list of
> relevant factors compiled, rather than settle on a "quick 'n easy"
> conclusion that is based on such a plethora of simplifying assumptions
> that we are guaranteed to have erred. >>
>
> Not necessarily. Sometimes a simple explanation is also the right explanation.

Alan Blake Coulson
3938-C Marcom St
Raleigh NC 27606
abcoulso@unity.ncsu.edu
PhD student at North Carolina State University