Re: Tarbosaurus & taphonomy, but no fuel to the flame

At 02:26 PM 7/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Just an interesting aside to the recent discussion of _Tarbosaurus_ and
>taphomonic issues:
>
>_Tarbosaurus efremovi_ is named after Efremov, founder of the study of
>taphonomy...

There is a lot of talk about the areas that have not had taphonomic studies
done on them.  This got me thinking, what formations have had significant
studies done on them?  What did Efremov use in his initial studies?  What
constitutes a full study on an area?  Is, for instance, the description of
the Dry Mesa region in Britt's Torvosaurus description enough to qualify?

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@interlog.com>
                     <dinoguy@netscape.com>
For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at: