Re: Diplodocid duck-and-cover techniques

<would sauropods have been able to walk safely
while flailing their tail?>

Should I read this as sauropods couldn't run or even canter briskly?  I
thought one purpose of the tail was balance as they moved; believed I'd read
it in a discussion of why they held their tails out stiffly rather than
dragging them.
I'd assumed that if a tail is already outstretched and in motion that it was
in position to be a threat.
So they probably stood still to defend themselves.
Thanks, learn something new...