RE: "Compelling" Paleocene dinosaurs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Larry Dunn
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 6:31 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: "Compelling" Paleocene dinosaurs

--- "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>
wrote:

> In brief, Fassett et al. have found an isolated
> hadrosaurid femur in the Ojo
> Alamo Sandstone, stratigraphically above Paleocene
> pollen.  The suggest that
> the femur is not reworked do to pristine outer
> surface.

Does the preservation of the outer bone surface mean
it's possible that this was a dinosaur that lived,
what was it, eight million years after the k-t
boundary?  Is there any way that this is a Cretaceous
fossil that has shown up in a Paleocene deposit?

I was at the New Mexico Dinosaur symposium where this was first talked
about. It is NOT reworked! I think more on it will be in the symposium
volume which will be out shortly.
Tracy