bird dino on TV

I was pleasantly surprised whilst watching a PBS special on the captive breeding at the San Diego Zoo......

During the condor section as we watch a hatchling emerge, the narrator states "looking every bit like the dinosaurs it descended from...."

The hatchling was in an almost identical position to Mick Ellison's illustration of the embryonic oviraptorid at AMNH.

the special about eagles is on PBS tonight........

: )