Re: Air sacs in extant non-avian reptiles?

In a message dated 7/31/00 8:08:02 AM, overmind@iobox.fi writes:

<<
 Dear all

I have read that ait sacs extending from the lungs are present in some
extant, non-avian reptiles. I'd be interested to know the names of these
reptiles. Also, if someone has tried to explain the function of these
structures in these dead-end lungs, please tell me.

Best wishes,

Henri Rönkkö >>

Here we go again. There is no such thing as an avian reptile, so the term
non-avian reptile is redundant like "non-photosynthisizing frog." I know that
a tiny group of paelentoligists want to exert their power by destroying the
class status of Aves by the power of pure fiat, but it's not going to work.

eric l.