Re: pack hunting (OOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD)

You can also try calling the AMNH in NYC on the telephone and asking to speak
to the library. They might be able to make you a copy of the paper.

Don't have the phone number handy, but it should be easy to get

Caleb wrote:

> Sirs and madams:
>
>     I would greatly appreciate it if I could get a copy of this paper from
> someone:
>

> Author(s): MAXWELL WD; OSTROM JH
> Title: TAPHONOMY AND PALEOBIOLOGICAL IMPLICATIONS OF TENONTOSAURUS-
> DEINONYCHUS ASSOCIATIONS
>
> Source: JOURNAL OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY V0015 N4 DEC 1995 pp. 707-
> 712.
> Abstract: The discovery of a nearly complete skeleton of Tenontosaurus
> tilletti and closely associated multiple shed teeth of the
> dromaeosaur Deinonychus antirrhopus provides evidence that
> may support the often repeated suggestion that Deinonychus
> was a pack-hunting predator. The taphonomy of the specimen
> adds weight to the additional conclusion that Tenontosaurus
> was the specific food preference of the Deinonychus predator
> population. Among theropods, the only other specific animals
> that have been found as unmistakable food objects are
> varisaurus in Compsognathus and Coelophysis in Coelophysis.
> These two could have been examples of opportunistic
> incidental predation or scavenging, but it appears that
> Deinonychus actively preyed on a deliberate food choice,
> Tenontosaurus.
> ]
>
>                                         Thank you,
>                                         Caleb

AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member
of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer