Re: Air sacs in extant non-avian reptiles?

In addition to 'most' paleontologists, 'most' ornthologists agree that
there is a very strong arguement for the origin for birds having arisen
from dinosaurs.

You might try checking such basic ornithology textbooks (I recomend THE
MANUAL OF ORNITHOLOGY Yale university press).  The textbook is
beautifully illustrated and is very clear on why there are different
possible avian origins.

The _Manual_ sites 3 possible orgin theories for birds- one that birds
arose from dinosaurs, one that birds arose from some
as-yet-unidentified-archosaur, and one that mentions Chatterjee's
Protoavis as a possible avian origin.

Perhaps you should research more into the area of just WHO says WHAT
about avian origins before slamming the professionals on the list for
speaking with a closed mind.

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics