Re: DROMORNITHIDS, RATITES etc.

At 03:01 PM 6/1/00 -0400, Timothy Williams wrote:

P.S. Can anyone give me a definition of "heterocoelous"? And while on the topic of vertebrae, what is the difference between "amphiplatyan" and "platycoelous"?

these terms refer to the articular surfaces of vertebral centrae.
Amphiplatyan: flat on both surfaces (anterior and posterior).
Platycoelous: flat on one end, concave on the other.
I *think* the flat end is the anterior end, but I can never remember
for sure.