Re: PALEONEWS:Chinese Avian Paleontologists

>During his studies at the University of Kansas in the United States,
>Zhou shared differences of opinion with his teacher regarding the
>relationship between dinosaurs and birds. "I don't like any personal
>attack, but neither do I like agreeing on opinions without solid
>scientific evidence," he said.

I assume that he's talking about Larry Martin.  I consider myself one of the
many (or should I say most) that agree that birds are descended from a certain
type of theropod dinosaur.  But, I did have the chance to hear Martin talk (as
did many of you, I recall) and his arguments are not "withouth solid scientific
evidence."

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct