Re: Brochu's avian article in latest JVP

"Timothy Williams" <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> writes:

> In my correspondence (off-list) I've come to realise that most of
> the opponents of the theropod/dinosaur origin of birds are also
> vehemently opposed to cladistics.

Kevin Padian put that into print in the second paragraph of his review
of Feduccia's _The Origin and Evolution of Birds_.  If you're
interested in this debate and/or would like to see another scientist
expounding on some of the issues we kicked around here a couple of
weeks ago with respect to testability and divorcing arguments on the
origin of birds from arguments on the origins of avian flight I
strongly recommend you read (or re-read) his review.  It was published
in the March/April 1997 issue of _American Scientist_:

http://www.sigmaxi.org/amsci/bookshelf/leads97/feduccia97%2D03.html

That second paragraph is also germane to the discussion that Tracy is
currently having with Tom and Matt.  At least in principle...

--
Mickey Rowe     (rowe@psych.ucsb.edu)