Re: 100% goose-free responses (longish and eggy, though)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Brian Choo wrote:

> Hmmm...biogeographically megapodes seem to be excluded from areas with a
> high diversity of large phasianids which occupy similar ecological
> niches... competetive exclusion perhaps?

There is a paper (I'll post ref. later), which supports predation and not
competition from pheasants.  In islands of Indochina, some having
pheasants and/or felids, megapodes are found in presence of pheasants but
not felids--let me make sure that's what it says.