Re: Harmonious depredations

At 05:52 PM 6/7/00 +0000, Ahmed al-Mahasa Sha'ad wrote:

I am simply stating as a fact that the medium of grass was unavailable to
dinosaurs.  I am sure crypticity was employed.  But, without grass, it
could not have been as effective.

Without grass??? - what aboutother plants/folaige that lived in the Cretaceous- how do you know grass is more effective "cover"???? Have you done tests? Have you done experiments? Do you have data from publications? Or is this "anecdotal?" - which to you seems to be a crime and means we should ignore it.

For that matter, I doubt he has actually *looked* at bracken meadows. The cover there is at least as good as in grasslands.

Are you 100% sure moas and elephantbirds used grass for cover to protect the nests??

Based on what I have seen of moa "fossil" sites (on TV), they appear to have been *forest* birds to me.