CHRIS' BOOK etc.

On the bauplan thread, it might be relevant (might not) that birds might
have already evolved a faculatatively quadrupedal form, the bizarre
Caribbean ibis _Xenicibis_. Have mentioned this many times before.
Not my idea - it's Storrs Olson's.

Let me just say that Chris' book, _Why Elephants Have Big Ears_, is
now out. Looks excellent (but I noted one possible small problem
when skim reading - Australian ziphodont crocs are referred to as
pristichampsines - - the Aussie ziphodonts are in fact mekosuchins, a
different radiation of crocodylids).

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH