Re: Terrestriality is a bias

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/9/00 4:31:42 PM EST, dannj@alphalink.com.au writes:
>
> << Personally I don't think there were any ARBOREAL theropod species. >>
>
> There are >at least< 3000 (my estimate, probably on the low side) species of
> modern birds that nest and roost in trees that qualify as arboreal theropods.

Oops - should have said "non-avian" theropod. Anyway, in my opinion
flying into trees is cheating. Where's the challenge? The threat of
imminent death at a fatal plunge? In the absence of the latter, climbing
skills don't need to be quite as sharp as in non-flying arboreals. Then
again, I am a primate, so I'm probably biased.  :)

        Dann Pigdon
        GIS Archaeologist
        Melbourne, Australia

        Australian Dinosaurs: