Re: Terrestriality is a bias

>Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 6/9/00 4:31:42 PM EST, dannj@alphalink.com.au writes:
>>
>> << Personally I don't think there were any ARBOREAL theropod species. >>
>>
>> There are >at least< 3000 (my estimate, probably on the low side) species of
>> modern birds that nest and roost in trees that qualify as arboreal
>>theropods.

And at the level of non-avian theropod, just take the new Czerkas' tiny
wonder (its not even a dromaeosaur, the pelvic characters are much more
primitive), with digit No.3 longer that the first two put together,
modified like an Aye-Aye specialized finger and with added prehensile feet
(fully  opposable long hallux). The first no-doubts, non-avian arboreal
theropod.

Luis Rey

Visit my Website on http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~luisrey