Re: Ad Explanorum Origam

-----Original Message-----
From: João Simões Lopes Filho <jodan99@uol.com.br>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Friday, June 09, 2000 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Ad Explanorum Origam

>If birds and petrosaurs evolved from arboreal archosaurs (I think it's very
>probable), where were these arboreal groups? Flying and gliding mammals
>evolved from arboreal mammals, and squirrels, possums and primates have
many
>species around the world. And about arboreal dinosaurs or archosaurs? Maybe
>they be in front of our eyes and we can't see them.
>Joao SL
>Rio

Dave Peters theory has Pterosaurs evolving from prolacertiformes, many of
which seem to be arboreal. OK,....they`re not true archosaurs perhaps, but
maybe they evolved into archosaurs along the way, and if the transition was
rapid, we are not likely to catch the arboreal archosaur as a fossil.
Also,... a forested enviorn isn`t the most conducive to preserving the small
delicate fossils such creatures might offer.